Fierce BD&L Summit for Life Sciences
Speed Business Networking Break
What to Expect
Grab your business cards and connect with other attendees during this structured networking break. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet with multiple professionals one-on-one to exchange information and discuss partnering opportunities and interests.
How It Works
For the next hour, you will have the opportunity to meet individuals one at a time for 5 minutes to get to know each other and look for new partnering opportunities. Our team will let you know once the time is up so that you can move on to your next meeting.
Preparation for Speed Networking
- Have your 60-second statement that includes your name, title, company, and your current partnering priorities
- Make sure you have a supply of business cards ready
- Bring a pen, notepad, and your appointment calendar with you
- Remember that you have only a few seconds to make a positive first impression
- Have Fun! The fast pace of this event contributes to a high level of energy in the room
- Take notes on the back of your partner’s business card to help you remember them
- Be extremely aware of the time factor so the second person doesn’t get their time cut short
- Suggest the next step, if appropriate. You will not have time to schedule a phone call or meeting, so follow up will be important
- Above all, respect the process. At the signal, end your conversation immediately and move, or allow the other person to move, to the next person. You can always continue conversations later